Building Performance Tracking is the process of analyzing a building’s operations and energy consumption over time to identify anomalies and areas for potential improvement.
Measurement and Verification (M&V) is a process of using actual measurement, calculation, and/or modeling to reliably determine actual energy/utility savings achieved within a facility by an energy management, energy conservation, or energy efficiency project.
Benefits of Building Performance Tracking and M&V:
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Enable transparent conversations with tenants around potential energy performance upgrades
- Improve engineering design and project payback analysis
- Document financial transactions
- Enhance financing options
- Proactively manage energy budgets
- Support evaluation and development of broader efficiency programs
- Increase market understanding of energy management
- Lower operating costs
- Increase property value
- Funds up to 100% of installed costs